[IPython-dev] brythonmagic

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 02:21:12 EST 2014

Hi all,

I would like to show you an extension I made:

https://github.com/kikocorreoso/brythonmagic

It adds a cell magic to the IPython notebook and it allows you to run
brython code in the notebook.

What is Brython? Brython is a Python 3 implementation made in javascript
that allows you to run Python code on the client side as it was js code.

In the repo you have a notebook with info to install the extension and
examples of use as well as examples of how to use other js libraries from
the notebook using a more pythonic syntax.

Also, you can have a look to a video I made showing the notebook in action
in case you don't want to install the extension: http://youtu.be/adQzjuUX0kw

I hope it could be interesting for some one.

Best regards.