[IPython-dev] Hide some code cells, show others?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:37:06 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before - my google-fu has failed me.

I'm currently writing a proceedings for the scipy conference.  Since they
require and .rst file with a custom format I was planning to use the rst
nbconvert template to generate my talk, using raw nbconvert cells to supply
rst formatting as needed.

I'd also like to include code for some cells but not all.  In particular,
one or two of the plots have pretty lengthy scripts associated with them
and I'd prefer not to have to include them in the paper.

I've found this StackOverflow discussion, which seems to sort of do what I
want:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19524554/suppress-code-in-nbconvert-ipython

but this will suppress the output of *all* code cells.  Is there a way
(possibly through an IPython extension) in the notebook interface to
indicate whether or not I want to include a code cell in the nbconvert
output?

Thanks for your help,

Nathan