[IPython-dev] ipython pip dependencies

Ian Bell ian.h.bell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:14:58 EDT 2014

Hi Ipython guys,

I just had cause to re-install ipython, and I was wondering whether it was
deliberate that the pip package does not include the requirements for the
other packages that it needs (tornado, zmq, etc.) I had to do a handful of
pip install ipython (doh. missing tornado, pip install tornado) pip install
ipython (doh. now missing zmq, pip install zmq) etc., and it would be nice
it I could just do pip install ipython and it would pull in the
dependencies.

Anyway, nice work with Ipython, its such a great piece of work, use it
every day.