[IPython-dev] Command line tool to publish a notebook on a wordpress blog

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 04:07:22 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I made a small script to publish a notebook directly on a wordpress blog.
The repo can be found here:
https://github.com/Pybonacci/ipy2wp

It uses nbconvert to convert the notebook to html (maybe I should explore a
conversion to markdown instead of html). I use this to publish on
http://pybonacci.org and it works great with simple notebooks (I have to
check notebooks with more complex structure). It creates a draft on your
wordpress blog so you can check the post before publishing.

If someone uses the script please provide some feedback to improve the
tool. If someone experience any problem, please, open an issue in the repo.
If someone has something similar and want to share it would be great to see
how others are solving that.

If your wordpress blog is older than v 3.5 please check this link:
http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_Support

Kind regards.