[IPython-dev] IPython goes crazy when redirecting stdout on windows

Robert Gomulka r.gom1977 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:24:08 EDT 2014

Thank you for your input.
I've double (triple?) checked my installation, even reinstalled ipython and
pyreadline, but to no avail.
To my surprise, when invoking "ipython console" instead of "ipython" (as
before) works fine - I don't know why.
I've spotted some information on colorama, which was recently updated on my
system.
But I couldn't disable it for testing - after removing
site-packages/colorama ipython output was still full of colors, so I
couldn't verify that. (Using older versions gave the same results - bad).

I have a workaround for now, but still would appreciate further feedback.

Robert