[IPython-dev] Aynchronously displaying stdout from parallel engines

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:00:28 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm finding myself dealing with a lengthy computation using an IPython
parallel cluster and MPI4py.

I'd like to be able to see what my workers are doing while they are doing
it.  In particular, I'd like to be able to get the stdout stream from each
engine and display it somehow in the output of a client notebook.

So far I've used AsyncResult.wait_interactive() to see what my workers are
doing, but this only shows that my computations haven't completed yet - not
what they are doing at any given moment.

Is it possible to set up something similar to wait_interactive that can
asynchronously stream stdout from each of the workers?

Thanks for your help,

Nathan