[IPython-dev] Camera widget

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 00:00:18 EST 2014

BTW, if you give the button an id, <button id = picture_button>, then you
can:

    def click(self):

display(Javascript("document.getElementById('picture_button').click();"));

which will programmatically take a picture.

Here is a puzzle: can you make a kernel-side script that will take a
picture, *and* return it? It seems like you can't because the kernel can't
handle receiving the image while at the same time run your code waiting for
the message to come it. I guess you could do it with a non-blocking kernel?
Yep, just tried it by putting our kernel in non-blocking mode.

-Doug