[IPython-dev] Runtime Console Using IPython

Ivan Zhang mirage007 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 21:36:28 EDT 2014

Hi All,

As a way to familiarize myself with IPython, I wrote a simple tool that
allows an IPython Kernel to be run as part of a thread, effectively
creating a way to remotely monitor and change the state of a running
application in real time.

There are a few items that I have yet to figure out, I am hoping for some
feedback from everyone on whether there is a better approach, or an easy
way to fix some of the limitations.

I wrote a post describing the specifics of the tool here:
http://mirage007.github.io/runtime/console/python/ipython/2014/08/28/rtconsole/

and the source code is located here:
https://github.com/mirage007/rtconsole

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--
Ivan