[IPython-dev] Feasilibity of widgets/layout for mimicking this

Nicholas Bollweg nick.bollweg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:57:07 EDT 2014

I was suggesting (with the naming) that e would be updated by a changing,
but I agree, it's confusing.

I tried something more complicated with kwargs, but it ended up being a
whole second implementation of the thing that Wire does, which seemed like
too much, but would look like this (which I think is somewhat more
readable):

@wire(wire.e.value, a=wire.a.value)def thrice(a):
    return a * 3

I've updated to use that, as well as an example of the dictionary-based
assignment it is using. I welcome any other suggestions: the decorator
syntax is somewhat limiting, which is probably good as this is already
really evil :)