[IPython-dev] Adding support for more cell types?

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 06:16:52 EDT 2014

Le 22 août 2014 à 12:06, Sébastien Hinderer a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> Another question we have, at a longer term, though, would be to figure
> out whether iPython could be used to deal with notebooks containing code
> blocks for other programming languages. How easy would it be to add,
> say, suport for Haskell, OCaml or Lisp cells?

Haskell and OCamel already ave full kernel implementation :

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Projects-using-IPython

You are welcome to create a Lisp on.

If you want to mix/match language you could create a custom magic:

(see cython one for ex [1] )

Or look at calico (above link)

[1] : http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/ipython/ipython/blob/3607712653c66d63e0d7f13f073bde8c0f209ba8/docs/examples/notebooks/cython_extension.ipynb