[IPython-dev] Separating the notebook from the file manager+text editor+terminal

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:53:28 EDT 2014

Yes, it is really cool (moving files in GitHub UI). There are two ways
you can change a files directory and both use the same UI: 1) when
creating a new file in the UI and 2) when editing a file in the UI.

In both cases, the UI shows the name of the file, preceeded by its
path. It looks like only the name is editable, but if you type a "/"
in the name it turns that into a new subdir in the path and if you
press "delete" when in the L-most position of the name, you delete the
previous path segment. It is wicked cool and lightweight.