[IPython-dev] nbopen & nbmanager - a pair of tools for IPython Notebook on your own machine

Joshua Barratt jbarratt at serialized.net
Mon Aug 4 01:34:50 EDT 2014

Thanks for sharing those, very cool. I had been thinking about doing
something like nbopen, I'm happy to see that's something I can delete off
of the infinite to-do list.

I created something similar to nbmanager, but much more stripped down and
only allows viewing.

I called mine nblist <https://gist.github.com/jbarratt/ae8026493fedc79f122b>
.

        $ nblist
          http://127.0.0.1:8088 | /Users/me/work/notebooks
          http://127.0.0.1:8089 | /Users/me/work/otherproject

I also recently wrote something called nbgrep
<https://gist.github.com/jbarratt/fa1d3473048e5f856aeb> (blog post here
<http://serialized.net/2014/07/mining-your-ipython-notebooks-with-nbgrep/>)
which allows you to search the input cells of all your notebooks,
regardless of directory.

Unfortunately both of mine only work on OSX, though they could be modified
to be cross-platform.

Josh