[IPython-dev] IPython parallel client

Nathan Faggian nathan.faggian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:51:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am interested in building an ipengine status tool for IPython using Qt. I
was wondering if I could get some direction on querying the HUB to get a
list of jobs, I have read the "iopubwatcher" example from MinRk, which
seems like a good starting point.

Though, I am not sure if I should be using the interface provided by the
client for this task because it seems like two clients don't share metadata
- one client doesn't know what the other has submitted (I may easily be
wrong here).

Hope my question isn't too vague -- I am interested in being able to point
and click on jobs and perform some simple things like kill/re-submit them -
it would be really useful!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Nathan.