[IPython-dev] Multi-directory support landed in master

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 04:14:17 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I have checked out the changes from github, but I seem to have
encountered two issues. From the linux command line

 > BROWSER=chromium-browser ipython notebook

appears to start the server, but in the browser only an "Error
connecting to server." message can be seen.

If I do this

 > ipython notebook

then this takes me to the dashbord in firefox (it's OK for now), and I
can open notebooks that are listed, but when I try to upload a notebook,
I get an

"Invalid file format:
Uploaded notebooks must be .ipynb files"

message. If I take the address from the address bar, and copy it into
chromium's address bar, nothing happens, chromium still reports that it
can't connect to the server. Is this the expected behaviour? Let me
know, if there is anything that I could do to track down the source of
the problem.

Cheers,
Zoltán