[IPython-dev] defining latex commands in notebook

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:05:14 EST 2013

Hi all,

I was trying to define some latex commands in the notebook, and there it
works fine. I run into trouble, however, when I try to convert it to pdf
via LaTeX. I found that in such a case one could place the new commands
in a raw cell
(http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/newcommand-in-Markdown-cells-and-nbconver-td5037469.html),
and the statement was that those cells would be passed unchanged into
the latex source file. But in my case, that's not what happens. During
conversion, lines in the raw cell are prepended by a hash symbol, and
that obviously throws LaTeX off.

So, my question is, whether this has changed since Oct 30 (the date of
the above-referred posting), or I am just missing something trivial.

Thanks,

Zoltán