[IPython-dev] Go IPython kernel

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 20:24:20 EST 2013

I've been working on a simple kernel for the Go language. My main reason
for writing this was to learn Go, so forgive my awkward code. The basics
are now working, and you can get it from here:

https://github.com/takluyver/igo

At the moment, this is something of a proof of concept. Go is a compiled
language, and it doesn't support dynamic execution natively. I'm using a
third-party package (https://github.com/sbinet/go-eval ) for execution, but
it doesn't support some key things (like imports - see bug 1). So if anyone
wants to use this seriously, you should look at improving that.

Thanks,
Thomas