[IPython-dev] question about tree

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 19:48:41 EST 2013

But note that what Zoltan is referring to is files coming from different
directories, but identically named (easy to get with our UntitledX naming
scheme). We don't disambiguate those in the UI.

I think the answer to this is simply that the UI for multidir support is
yet to be written, Zoltan :) Once we build a proper UI for this, these
issues will be correctly handled.

For now, you can just use the notebook the 'old fashioned way', opening a
new one for another directory. The multidir capabilities that are there are
really 'plumbing' for us to be able to build the user layer on top, but
that's not done yet.