[IPython-dev] Announcing BrowserCast: a Notebook-based presentation tool

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed May 22 18:25:05 EDT 2013

On 22 May 2013 22:25, David Wolever <david at wolever.net> wrote:

> I've been working on an Notebook plugin which allows notebooks to be set
> to audio, creating a screencast-style presentation in the browser.

Cool, that looks useful.

> I'm also planning on turning this into a proper IPython extension… But I
> don't know exactly how to create a zip file that will make `%install_ext`
> happy,

For now %install_ext can only handle a single Python module. For larger
things, you can create a regular Python package that people install with
pip: IPython extensions work from any importable location.

Someone else should be able to help you more with the notebook server
integration.

Best wishes,
Thomas