[IPython-dev] Code size spike in April, did something accidentally get committed?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat May 11 21:59:26 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using git log --graph --topo-order --stat and jumping down to April
> ("/Apr"), https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/3232 looks like a viable
> candidate.

Yup, I think you're right.  I didn't think of using --stat as a way of
figuring this out, thanks for the tip!

I wish we'd been able to do something about that big spike in advance,
but I see from the PR log it was a pretty messy situation, so I'm not
sure it was really viable (and I didn't participate at the time).  Oh
well...

> I wish there were a way to get the physical size of a commit, though
> (http://stackoverflow.com/q/12701967/161801).

Agreed!

Cheers