[IPython-dev] Automatic downloading python dependencies on IPython Notebook

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 08:19:11 EDT 2013

I would say that the notebook author could ship its notebook with a requirement.txt, or even issue a
! pip freeze
in one notebook cell.

But I think this is well beyond notebook scope, but is something anaconda bundle and software like Vagrant[1] excel at.
This does prevent people to use metadata to store such info with extensions….
--
Matthias

[1] Yes I am aware of "a VM is not the right solution for dependencies and reproducible research" discussion, and I agree.