[IPython-dev] Interactive SVG is not interactive in a notebook

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sat Jun 8 10:20:15 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Matthias BUSSONNIER <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 3 juin 2013 à 15:31, Benjamin Root a écrit :
>

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Matthias BUSSONNIER <
> bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi ben,
>> Le 3 juin 2013 à 00:43, Benjamin Root a écrit :
>>
>> > Digging further, I see that the xml data is making it to the browser,
>> but the javascript embedded within the svg file is completely stripped out.
>>  Is that on purpose?  Is there a way I can override that behavior?
>>
>> No we don't strip js out of XML by intent (yet). Have you try to use HTML
>> that itself contain a script tag, and an svg  tag with an ID so that you
>> can refer to it ?
>>

> Well, something is stripping it out, between the call to
> IPython.display.SVG() and what Firefox tells me it sees.  Since I need this
> to work for the tutorial, I am just going to have to assume that this is a
> bug somewhere and go for the embedded HTML approach that you suggest, since
> most of those at the tutorial would have this bug.
>

> Could it be linked to
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1866 ?
>
> Can you share an ipynb so that I can take a look ?

Sorry for the delay... hurricane season has started.  Anyway, I attached an
ipynb and the svg for your perusal.  That notebook also has an attempt at
adding the javascript separately, but I think I am doing it wrong.  I am
not a web dev, so this is all very new to me.

Thanks!
Ben Root