[IPython-dev] Fwd: [SciTech] ActivePapers Python edition

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 20:36:45 EST 2013

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Aron Ahmadia <aron at ahmadia.net> wrote:

> Taking this thread into a slightly more general nature, I'm interested in
> learning more about how the IPython front-end Javascript obtains its
> information for populating cells.  This opens the door for connecting to
> other data back-ends without necessarily creating a heavy-weight notebook.
> Would the developers be up for perhaps hosting a G+ hangout at some point
> to chat about this?

We're obviously always open to setting up discussions as needed, but this
is the kind of conversation that can perfectly fit in our weekly scheduled
public dev meeting. Those meetings are not exclusive to the core team, they
are also a channel to interact with the rest of the community closely
connected to our development. If a topic requires a long separate
discussion, we may for practical reasons divert it, but a 10-20 minute slot
in the regular dev meeting is a good starting point.