[IPython-dev] saving state of ipython session to a pickled file

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 15:39:21 EDT 2013

The technical details: 'exit' and 'quit' are singletons in that we only
create the one instance of ExitAutocall (the two names refer to the same
object). The class itself doesn't do anything to prevent there being
further instances of it, but there's no obvious reason why you would make
any more. It's also possible to reassign 'exit' or 'quit', but it's
non-trivial, because of the way we rewrite the syntax.

Thomas