[IPython-dev] New IPEP for a multi-directory notebook in IPython

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 00:14:15 EDT 2013

I should note that the *big* question this proposal brings back is the
notebook_id versus notebook title in the URL question.  It seems a
little sily to use a path in the URL but then finish it with a
notebook_id rather than a file name.  I would like to revisit this,
but there are some super subtle issues that come up.  In the course of
writing the notebook I actually tried 3 different times to put the
notebook titles in the URLs and failed.  We have more perspective now,
so we may be able to pull it off - not sure if we want to though...

It would be helpful if everyone could help post notes on the IPEP (at
the bottom) about where the difficulties with notebook names in URLs
lie.

Cheers,

Brian