[IPython-dev] Hotkeys notebook cell editing

Juergen Hasch python at elbonia.de
Sat Sep 29 14:39:39 EDT 2012

Hi,
when working with the HMTL notebook, I noticed that is is hard to
quickly navigate when editing a cell, as Page up/down Pos1 and End keys
only work inside the current cell. Jumping between cells requires the
mouse. I find this especially annoying, because outside of code cells
(no cell selected or a markdown cell), the keys work as is usual in the
browser.

Am I missing something or how do you navigate when working with notebooks ?

I changed codecell.js and notebook.js and put them in my local
profile/static/js directoy. Now Page up/down moves me one cell up or
down and Ctrl+Pos1/End jumps to top/bottom, which I find quite pleasant
to work with.

   Juergen

My changes can be found here:
https://github.com/juhasch/ipython/compare/cell-hotkeys