[IPython-dev] The Larch Environment - anyone seen this before?

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Fri Sep 28 15:57:02 EDT 2012

On 9/28/12 2:28 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> https://sites.google.com/site/larchenv/
>
> obviously lots of similarities with the notebook, and some very
> interesting ideas about rich input that seem to be well implemented.
> It's a java/jython tool internally.  I hadn't seen it before.

This is pretty amazing.  I've been thinking a lot about these ideas over
the last few months/year, and particularly about the thing he showed
about representing the code as a graphical object in the code (and
particularly how to do it over the web).

It looks like he's done a really nice job.  I'm really impressed.

Thanks,

Jason