[IPython-dev] changing input_splitter from config

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Sat Sep 8 20:45:43 EDT 2012

On 9/8/12 7:31 PM, Brian Granger wrote:
> One other factor:
>
> If you want that bit of configuration to be easily usable by a lot of
> people, then putting it into an extension is definitely the way to go.

Yes, I was debating how much to put in the config file, and how much to
do on the fly in an extension.  For example, changing the banner
definitely goes into the config file.  But the auto imports that Sage
does, or changing the prompt, and things like that---the in-my-head
debate is still going about which place is better.

By the way, my ongoing work on this is at
https://github.com/jasongrout/sage-ipython-profile

Thanks,

Jason