[IPython-dev] Confusing NameError in Parallelizing with IPython

Michael Bilow michael.k.bilow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:48:37 EDT 2012

Hi!

I'm new to this list and to IPython, and I started using IPython to
parallelize some code I'd written (complete code:
https://github.com/chuyelchulo/ipython-nameerror, requires numpy and PIL).
I've been encountering a confusing NameError that keeps popping up when I
try to run this program: The function to be mapped (parallel_run) is
imported from a module different from __main__, but the interpreter
complains that the functions and modules used by parallel_run are not part
of the namespace.

I asked about the error here (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12304847/ipython-parallel-computing-namespace-issues),
and was told to come to this list.