[IPython-dev] internationalisation and translation of ipython

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 18:24:01 EDT 2012

On 3 September 2012 23:06, Thomas Spura <tomspur at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> - Should the IPython package you download include translation files,
>>> or should they be separately downloadable?
>>
>> I think the package have to include the translations, at least if they
>> are not big (which will be the case at the beginning).
>
> I cannot remember a project, which splits the translations into
> another repository off hand...

I'm conscious that we recommend that people install IPython inside
every virtualenv where they're using it, so we want the installation
to be as quick and light as possible. The example from Maemo looks
like it would recompile every .po file to .mo on installation, which I
would prefer to avoid if practical.

Thomas