[IPython-dev] IPython nosetests extension

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:10:44 EST 2012

Hi, this is really exciting and will be a huge improvement for using
the notebook for real work.  I will try to look a bit more at this
over the next week (in the middle of finals right now).  But a few
comments:

* Why exactly do you need cell ids?
* We are soon going to completely remove the ability to publish
javascript from Python.  There are two many horrific security
problems.  The replacement abstraction is "javascript plugins" that
are under review here:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2518

There is more work to do on this, but this will give you an idea of
where we are headed.  Please ask questions about the plugins on that
PR.

Cheers,

Brian