[IPython-dev] experiment - remote execution of jquery and d3 code into the browser via ipython

hugo hugo at continuum.io
Mon Mar 19 08:13:23 EDT 2012

Thought you might be interested in something I've experimented with over
the past few days.

https://github.com/hhuuggoo/pushd3/blob/master/demopush.ogv

I wanted to see how well this concept would work, I set up remote
execution of code in the browser by creating an RPC interface around
zeromq messages which get forwarded into websockets, and then I
forwarded d3 and jquery operations to the browser.  It works fine if
your arguments are all json serializable, however d3 is heavily reliant
on passing callbacks, and I don't have a good way to do that.

Anyways, here it is.  This is separate from the ipython notebook, I have
a separate gevent based zeromq web socket forwarder that I've also been
playing around with which I am using here.