[IPython-dev] Introduction to Contributing workshop (Python Sheffield)

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 1 09:34:02 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> * The pair working with the Qt console had some difficulty getting the
> dependencies installed. One had an older version of Ubuntu without the
> necessary ZMQ, the other had Fedora, where I wasn't sure what the relevant
> packages were called. They worked it out themselves after a while.

"yum install ipython ipython-gui" should do the major work, only
python-tornado should be missing then to be able to run the notebook.
When you want to provide basic instructions in the docs somewhere, let
me know. I can help with documenting it then. (or maybe that's one of
the new contributions anyway? ;))

$ repoquery --requires ipython ipython-gui
pexpect
pyparsing
python-matplotlib
python-mglob