[IPython-dev] zmq/embed_kernel failure in master

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 23:07:34 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't see any way around issues like this for multiprocess tests.  I've
> > added tons of shenanigans to try to prevent it, but it simply cannot be
> > perfect.  There are sleeps everywhere, and some smarter waits, but if you
> > want the parallel test suite to finish in under 20 minutes, then never
> > having non-deterministic failures is not achievable.
> >
> > My answer: don't run the test suite while under heavy load.
>
> Fair enough, no worries.  Thanks!

If there are ones of these that are more reliable than others, do keep
letting me know, and I can try to relax the ones causing more consistent
trouble.

The problem is that it's rarely a simple timeout that's too short, and
things usually need to be moved around in weird ways to ensure a certain
order of events.