[IPython-dev] Interesting talk by Hadley Wickham (of R fame)...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 19:49:04 EDT 2012

https://speakerdeck.com/u/hadley/p/the-future-of-data-analysis

Just about every single one of his points is one on which we have
something ready or almost ready with IPython, pandas, statsmodels,
etc, modulo the plotting situation (but I know Wes is hard at work on
that too).  Wickham is one of the most respected voices today in the R
community, so I'm willing to trust his assessment of things in the R
world as being accurate.

We have our work cut out for us, but with a few more hands on deck, in
6 months or so things should be pretty solid on the rest of the
toolchain (we really need to finish nbconvert).  We'll see what
interesting discussions or projects show up at Scipy on the
visualization problem...