[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] Adding IPython to Dock on MacOSX

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 22:17:21 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You ought to ship something like this.  You should also do it for the
>> notebook.  The benefit there is that in addition to having a nice icon
>> to double click, you can set it so that double clicking on a .ipnb
>> file opens the notebook.
>
> Yes, that would be great.

Note that before doing this, we'll need to add to the dashboard:

- the ability to move around the filesystem.
- a 'shutdown' button.

In its current form, having a launcher wouldn't do much good, as the
dashboard would always be stuck in the starting directory and there
would be no way to stop the server.

Those are eminently doable, we'll just need to get to them before
considering a GUI launcher.