[IPython-dev] Notebook - busy cell editing

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:08:42 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM,  <matt.clarke at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there any way to disable editing of running cells?

No, not currently.  I could see that being available as an option, but
I'd rather not have it be the default: I often do want to go back and
fix up a cell for the next run while it's finishing something...

But once we have a way to expose UI configuration options in a
sensible way to the user, things of this nature could become
configurable.

> By the way, the notebook is truly brilliant – well done to everyone
> involved.

Thanks, we always appreciate the feedback.