[IPython-dev] notebook questions an aesthetic details

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:27:55 EST 2012

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Chris Kees <cekees at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot.  I'm on the right tack now.  I updated about two hours ago
> after I read Min's email so there a couple of quirks you might want to be on
> the lookout for. For some reason when I'm inside a call to Latex(r"""...), I
> can't type an ampersand. I can paste one in but the key won't respond. In

That's really odd, I don't get that on Firefox or Chrome.  Can you
refresh your Javascript cache just to make sure?  Just save your
notebook, and then force a page reload.  Also, could you test on a
different browser and let us know if you see any differences?

> markdown or outside a string I can type an ampersand.   I also noticed that
> sometimes the markdown/code/heading doesn't seem to switch  modes even
> though the pulldown indicates it has. It could just be inaccurate pointing
> and clicking on my part.

Mmh, I do see a problem, not sure if it's the same you do:  If I
select a new cell type from the 'Cell' menu, the cells do indeed
change type, but the dropdown list in the icon toolbar isn't updating
correctly anymore.  Is that the behavior you see?

> Anyway, thanks again.  I feel like I'm beginning to get productive in the
> notebook.

Glad to hear that.  Some inevitable growing pains, but I think we're
on the right track.