[IPython-dev] Notebook CodeCell for editing and executing javascript

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Mon Dec 31 11:17:51 EST 2012

On 12/29/12 11:29 AM, Brian Granger wrote:
> We don't want to allow notebooks that mix different languages at the
> CodeCell level.

Of course, cell magics alleviate this restriction, as we can right now
do %%r, %%cython, etc., to effectively get different languages in
different cells.

I don't see why we can't have a %%javascript that then just echoes the
javascript back to the browser to execute.  What would be cool is for
the syntax highlighting to also change if the cell detects that it is a
%%r cell, etc.

Thanks,

Jason