[IPython-dev] IPEP 8: Custom messages and message handlers

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Thu Dec 13 00:16:56 EST 2012

On 12/12/12 10:44 AM, Brian Granger wrote:
> Great, thanks for getting this started.  This is one of the main tasks
> of the grant, so we will start to work on this a lot in Jan.

Awesome.  That is really great to hear.

I've thought a lot about the future of the Sage notebook, and how we
might transition to a multi-user IPython notebook instead of pushing
forward with the current Sage notebook design.  I'm excited to hear that
doing a good multi-user IPython notebook is one of the top priorities.

> As far as the IPEP, I am not very happy with how we are running IPEP
> discussions.  I think that having them on the mailing list makes them
> difficult to find and track along with the IPEP text.  I would
> probably prefer to use github issues to track the discussion and the
> wiki for the document.

The thing about the issues is that the discussion isn't threaded.  If it
was, and if it was easy to easy to quote parts of a post to reply, then
I think it would do a good job of replacing an email discussion.

Thanks,

Jason