[IPython-dev] slider converter in nbconvert

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:06:35 EST 2012

El 03/12/12 09:14, Carl Smith escribió:

> I've not had chance to run the code, but the demo was good. You should
> maybe start trying to get the styles closer to the Notebook though.
> Yours looked pretty, but too different. I found myself looking more at
> what CSS can do than at the slide functionality itself. Good work though.

Hi Carl,

The  first step was to get a functional option in nbconvert to get the
slides.

For sure, it would be great to have a style closer to the notebook.
But, to get to this point, I have to do a lot of css hack and I don't
have time for that now.

Also, I like the idea of having other styles to get more "shocking"
slideshows.
I mean that, maybe, reveal.js/deck.js/Iimpress.js styles are better
"suited" to show some contents to "some" public.
To "other" public, ie. an academic one, a notebook style would be better.

In the end, it is a matter of taste, but I agree with you that I need to
add a theme with a notebook style.

Thanks for your feedback, Carl!

Damián.