[IPython-dev] internationalisation and translation of ipython

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas at pettiaux.be
Sat Aug 11 14:21:05 EDT 2012

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the information. Translating the documentation and the
website of ipython would be a terrific idea, but this is much more
than I first thought. I have many ideas about how to do and I have
read the links you gave.

Now, I would like ton concerntrate first on the application (aka
python and javascript) but in any case, indeed everything, the
application, the website, the documentation should produce .po files
to use the gettext utilities and the great  many tools that allows to
translate and keep the translation uptodate with the original wihtout
too much workload.

I have just registered to the sympy mailing list to contribute on this
subject too there.

Best regards,

Nicolas

--