[IPython-dev] Change to testing

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 00:53:50 EDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Running iptest from master no longer runs the whole test suite - it
> excludes IPython.parallel, which accounted for a disproportionate
> amount of the test time. You can run "iptest --all" to include those
> tests as well.
>
> The same applies to the test_pr script - if you have reason to think a
> pull request might affect IPython.parallel, you can add the --all flag
> to the end of the command:
>
> python tools/test_pr.py -p 3456 --all

This is great, thanks a lot!  But I think it would be a good idea,
before we forget, to add a brief note about this to

docs/source/development/testing.txt

Would you mind doing that?  No need for a PR on this, just go ahead
and push with this info (and mentioning test_pr there is probably a
good idea, so our dev guide grows).

If you don't have the time/bandwidth right now, then let's leave an
open issue on it...