[IPython-dev] How to add tests in IPython/external

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at kroywen.se
Mon Apr 23 13:29:12 EDT 2012

Fernando Perez skrev 2012-04-23 08:00:

> >  Hi Jorgen,

> >  did you eventually figure this out?  If the problem persists, we can
> >  try to give you a hand.

I did not persue this problem further because Thomas Kluyver said he was
going to do some major changes here. Looking back in my archive I see
that this was unfortunately not communicated on list. See below for copy
of relevant text.

Oops, I manage to just send this to Fernando. Here it is for the whole list.

/Jörgen

On 12 July 2011 19:00, Jörgen Stenarson<jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu>
      I'm considering adding some tests to Itpl in IPython/external to
      investigate unicode issues in that module. But after adding a tests
      submodule in the Itpl directory I can't run those tests because nose
      crashes when it can't import pexepct. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Just to note: I'm aiming in the future to replace all use of Itpl with
the advanced string formatting introduced in 2.6. There's a couple of
places it will still be in 0.11, but it will probably be done for 0.12.

Thanks,
Thomas