[IPython-dev] IPython talk in Sheffield

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Sep 29 09:13:10 EDT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 02:13:14 schrieb Fernando Perez:
> I'm behind on some urgent stuff right now, but on Friday perhaps we
> can start the conversation on "how easy is it to get that set up" by
> looking at plans to push 0.12 out the door...

Concerning "easy setup", I missed PPAs to be mentioned in a recent discussion
as an easy installation method for Ubuntu systems.  In particular, Chris Lea
(whom I don’t know personally, so trust him on your own risk) seems to offer
all optional ipython dependencies, so that it is enough to issue:

  sudo apt-add-repository ppa:chris-lea/libpgm
  sudo apt-add-repository ppa:chris-lea/zeromq
  sudo apt-add-repository ppa:chris-lea/python-tornado

Afterwards, you can

  sudo apt-get install python-pyzmq python-tornado

and you should even get automatic updates (as soon as he provides ’em).

He seems to support Karmic, Lucid, Maverick, and Natty.

HTH,
  Hans