[IPython-dev] Thinking about 0.12...

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 18:22:46 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 01:41, Paul Ivanov <pivanov314 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > But I'd like to hear from others.  Are there any issues in the tracker
> > that you consider show-stoppers and aren't labeled critical priority?
> > If so please let us know, as at this point we're only likely to look
> > into open Pull Requests and critical issues.
>
> I'd really like to see terminal-based two-process working in 0.12, see
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/708 which currently has no
> labels.

That would be great!  If you fix the weird signal-handling issue, the only
thing really missing should be an interface for the extra commands, like
restarting/interrupting the kernel. But the signal behavior is really a
show-stopper as it is.

I just don't have time to work on that, so if you pick it up, it would be
great to have in 0.12.

-MinRK