[IPython-dev] wxPython console

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:48:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Emmanuel Bacry
<emmanuel.bacry at polytechnique.fr> wrote:

> One more question : if I want to, will I be able to run matplotlib (non
> blocking) from the InteractiveShell I am using ? Will it uses the wx main
> loop I am using ?

A few pointers:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/lib/pylabtools.py
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/lib/inputhook.py
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/lib/inputhookwx.py

This is the machinery used by IPython to interact with the Wx event
loop, *without threading*.  We got rid of the threading code in the
0.11 series, but if you decide to use threading tricks, you can grab
them from the git repo from the release 0.10.2 tag,  that machinery
lived in IPython/Shell.py.