[IPython-dev] Google summer of code

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Tue Mar 8 08:40:14 EST 2011

FWIW - it would seem to me that it would be much easier to go through the
PSF as the mentoring organization for SOC, given the variety of Python
projects that have been sponsored in the past. In particular, given that
IPython is not incidentally written in Python, but actively support Python
usage and development makes it a good fit for the PSF.

(This of course assumes the PSF is accepted yet again. It would seem
likely.)