[IPython-dev] Website

Klonuo klonuo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:15:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:58:02 +0100
Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, you'd put the logo in as HTML, and style it with CSS. Newer browsers
> let you reference fonts, so that you can use a font which isn't installed on
> the user's computer. See Google's instructions for Droid Sans Mono, for
> example:
>
> http://www.google.com/webfonts/family?family=Droid+Sans+Mono&subset=latin#code

So you are saying to use image only for IP[y]: part in logo and use html
and webfont feature for description part?

If it's not complicated for you to manage it, that could solve
antialiasing thing, as we are not concerned about antialiasing
in IP[y]: part as it uses large enough font

> If you've got spare time, it would be interesting to see them with the [y]
> adjusted so that there's less space above the y (whether you move the y or
> shrink the [ ] is up to you). But don't worry too much about it.

I'll wait on comments, then adjust winner font

> I'd like to get some more opinions - Brian, Min, Evan, you've all weighed in
> on logos previously - what do you think of the different fonts Klonuo has
> tried?

Maybe they don't browse topics named "Website" :D

Cheers