[IPython-dev] Website

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:26:43 EDT 2011

On 8 June 2011 19:53, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the question is, if we want to ever host anything other than the
> html, like static files, pdfs, videos, etc, or configure any other
> functionality, we may find the github hosting insufficient and a real
> shell account may be a welcome bit of functionality.

We can put static files there (as we do for the PDF docs at the moment). As
far as I know, the only real limitation is that we can't have dynamic pages
(e.g. a wiki, comment form, etc.). I don't think that's really an obstacle
for what we want.

I'd favour using Github, unless we've got some good reason not to, if only
because all the core devs are already set up to use it.

Thomas