[IPython-dev] vim-ipython integration's back

Paul Ivanov pivanov314 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:41:48 EDT 2011

Fernando Perez, on 2011-07-29 13:32,  wrote:
> Wow!  I just watched the video, this is seriously not cool at all...
> Now I may finally have run out of excuses to learn vim and switch from
> emacs :)

There's no default pinky-binding for brewing coffee, so you may still
reconsider ;)

> As I noted in the pull request, this is a little too close to the core
> to merge it now, but we'll do it right after release.  I will mention
> it in the release notes, however, for more adventurous users who can
> use 0.11 and add the small changes themselves, as it's basically made
> possible by the 0.11 architecture.

Ok, the issue was a missing "flush" method to stdout and stderr
in vim's implementation of sys. This is fixed in vim sources now
(someone from Sage actually sent the patch back in March), but
I've patched it up in ipy.vim itself, so now there are no changes
to the trunk source code needed.

might this make 0.11, now?
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: